Know The Main Things Related To Indian Railway:
If you are preparing for competitive examination, then it is important to know these things about Railways. Questions related to this can be asked in the exam.
Let’s know important things about railway:
1. Indian Railways were nationalized in 1950.
2. The world’s first train ran from Liverpool to Manchester (England) in 1825 AD.
3. Indian Railway Board was established in the month of March in 1905.
4. Indian Railways is the largest railway system in Asia and the second largest in the world.
5. There are three types of railway lines in India. These lines are big lines, meter gate and narrow gauge.
6. Railways in India are divided into 16 divisions.
7. The first train in India ran between Mumbai to Thane in 1853.
8. Railways have about 1.6 million employees in India. Indian Railways ranks 9th in terms of number of employees in the world.
9. In 1986, Indian Railways started the first computerized reservation process from New Delhi.
10. This railway station named Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta is the longest railway station in India.
11. The total number of railway stations in India is around 7,500.
12. Indian Railways started on 16 April 1853. Today if all the tracks of Indian Railways are directly connected, then their length will be 1.5 times more than the size of the earth.
13. Till now, no train driver has left the train even at a time when he could see death.
14. There is also a railway station in the country which comes under the border of two states. The name of this station is Nawapur. Half of which is in Maharashtra and half in Gujarat.
15. The country’s slowest train is 10 km. Runs at an hourly pace. This train passing through the mountains is Mettupalayam Otti Nilgiri Passenger. Its speed is so slow that people can easily get up and climb from the moving train.
16. The largest named railway station in India is Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta (Venkatanarsimharajuvaripeta) while the smallest Navala railway station is EB (IB), which is in Odisha.
17. The most delayed train of the country is the Goahati-Trivandrum Express, which usually runs late for 10 to 12 hours.
18. The country’s largest rail tunnel is in Pir Panjal in Jammu and Kashmir. The length of which is 11.215 km.
19. The longest traveling train in India is Vivek Express. Which is 4273 km from Dibrugarh (Assam) to Kanyakumari. Travels a distance of.
20. The distance between Nagpur and Ajni railway station is just three km. Which is the least.
21. You may be surprised to know that more than 12 lakhs per minute are hit on Indian Railways website. There are also millions of cyber attacks on it, but the railway website never stops.