DOS is an operating system. It is an important software for performing simple tasks of a computer system. Its full name is Disk Operating System. This operating system acts as a medium between the consumer and the computer system.
Before operating the computer through this operating system it is necessary to load the operating system into memory. DOS acts as a medium between hardware and software. It converts commands that are inserted with the help of keyboards into languages that the computer can easily understand. It is stored on disk and it is loaded into memory from your hard disk.
You can do the following tasks using special commands:
- Creating or deleting files and changing file names.
- You can see the list of files stored.
- You can divide the hardware into two parts.
- Can format a new floppy disk.
- You can backup from hard disk to floppy and from floppy disk to hard disk.
The tasks that DOS does automatically:
- This is hardware such as CPU. And controls memory.
- It detects the virus.
- It allocates memory in various programs.
- It controls other devices connected to the computer.
- It takes the information from the keyboard and displays it on the monitor.